Voting in change.org’s Ideas for Change in America competition closes Thursday at 2 p.m. Pacific time. Get FISA Right, repeal the PATRIOT Act, and restore our civil liberties has just fallen to #8, and a couple of the ideas close behind us like Pass the DREAM Act – Support Higher Education for All Students have been climbing rapidly.
Now would be a very good time to start increasing our momentum.
So let’s supplement our email and blogosphere outreach with attention to Facebook. I’m pretty sure at least half the Get FISA Right members have Facebook accounts, and while there are a lot of challenges to doing Facebook activism, it’s a great platform for person-to-person contact.*
As you get a few moments of time over the next few days, here’s how you can help.
- vote for the idea if you haven’t already
- double-check that your vote has counted: the blue “vote” button at the top of the change.org page should turn into a brown “voted” button.
- email your friends and family
- help with the blogger outreach
- get involved on Facebook
PS: our current endorsement list is here, and later today we’re going to start voting on whether or not to endorse Bob Fertik’s special prosecutor idea. stay tuned!
* It would be great to do more on MySpace and my.barackobama.com as well; ideas and volunteers welcome!