Monday at 6:30 Eastern, the House is once again voting on HR514, which extends the PATRIOT Act until December of this year without introducing any new safeguards. So please try to find time this weekend to get involved and get the word out!
To start with:
- use POPVOX to ask your representative know to oppose HR514 and reintroduce the JUSTICE Act
- contact your legislators via email via Demand Progress, ACLU, EFF, or Downsize DC
- or call your representative at (202) 224-3121
Then help get the word out!
- email this info to people
- share it on Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter
- leave a comment on any blog posts, articles, Facebook groups, and message board threads discussing the PATRIOT Act and make sure to include the link to the POPVOX page: http://bit.ly/oppose514
- and if you’re on Twitter, tweet early and often using #patriotact hashtag — some suggested tweets in the first comment
Get FISA Right will be having a chat during the vote on Monday — watch our blog at http://getfisaright.wordpress.com/ for updates.
Have a great weekend … and make some noise!